Maryland Community Connection’s Summer Youth Employment Program will provide a summer work experience for 20 individuals from the Prince George’s County Division of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) Program. The participants will have the opportunity to obtain paid employment and attend four Employment Readiness Workshops that will cover interview skills, employer expectations, workplace communication and positive work habits.
We have a requirement that the individuals must be receiving services from the Prince George’s County DORS Office. Have you already applied to DORS? If so, please follow-up with your Counselor so that they can give you the necessary referral information for the program.
Top 10 Benefits for individuals attending Maryland Community Connection’s Summer Youth Employment Program:
- Summer Jobs in the community
- Opportunity to earn at least $7.25 per hour for up to 20-30 hours per week
- Employment Readiness Workshops
- Professional Attire for Interviews
- Job Development Support
- Job Coaching Support
- Transportation Assistance
- Professional Resume
- Negotiations for Reasonable Accommodations
- Valuable Work Experience and Possible Permanent Placement
For further information, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not eligible for the Summer Youth Program, please visit the following link for information on LISS Services for individuals with intellectual disabilities.