Maryland Charity Campaign – MCC 7174 The Maryland Charity Campaign provides you with the opportunity to reach out and touch the lives of those indiviuals with developmental disabilities in need; and to make a meaningful contribution to your community.
- The Maryland Charity Campaign asks once: State employees and retirees may contribute to charitable organizations in an orderly and uniform process through one annual campaign.
- The Maryland Charity Campaign is targeted: You choose the amount and the Maryland Community Connection will receive your gift.
- The Maryland Charity Campaign is accountable: Maryland Community Connection’s participation in the Maryland Charity Campaign hasbeen pre-screened to insure that weare fiscally sound and that we perform the services stated.
- The Maryland Charity Campaign is tax deductible: You get a record of your payroll deduction every payday.
- The Maryland Charity Campaign is easy: You choose between regular payroll deduction and/or a one-time gift by cash, check or credit card.
- The Maryland Charity Campaign is effective: 88.6% of your designated contribution goes to the Maryland Community Connection. Our administrative fee is small compared to other non-profits. We are working hard to reduce it further.
- Your contribution is “matched”: A percent of each undesignated (or general pool) contribution will also go to Maryland Community Connection, based upon the designated contributions the charity receives. These could be considered matching funds and increases the power of your contribution.
- The Maryland Charity Campaign makes a difference: The community-at-large can identify the commitment of State employees, knowing that they are improving the quality of life for individuals with developmental disabilities.